It is possible to differentiate some twins thanks to the shape of their navels, among other curious data.
There are many myths around twins, the truth is that some of them are only based on beliefs and curiosities. However, no one doubts that they are one of the most incredible life events.
Curious facts about twins:
1. A high percentage of babies come from multiple births, whose mothers were over the age of 30 at the time of conception.
2. They have the same DNA, however they do not always have the same physical characteristics. Proof of this is that they have different fingerprints.
3. Most little ones develop a secret and very special language during the first months or years of life, which is called cryptophasia.
4. About 10% of the world's population is left-handed, of which 22% are twins.
5. The relationship between two twins is unique, since the communication and understanding they develop is a bond that unites them since they are in the womb.
6. A quarter of identical twins have a "mirror-like" (identical) appearance and very similar brain patterns.
7. One of the most frequent signs to differentiate the two babies when they are born is the navel, which is usually different in both.
8. Due to the mestizaje transmitted by the genes of one of the parents, two twins may have different skin color or races.
9. The so-called "evil twin" doesn't really exist, but what does happen is that they share the same empathy for certain people or things.
10. If they receive the same stimuli from a very young age, when they grow up it is very common for them to have similar tastes and lifestyles.
It should be noted that some studies indicate that mothers who have twins live longer, are taller, and tend to be healthier than other women. In addition, there has been a higher incidence of multiple births in women whose diet is high in dairy or who are vegetarian.